N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
WHAT I LIKED:

I'm a big sucker for anything royalty. And I read this book just as the same time Prince Harry wed Meghan Markle, so I had all the royal fluffy feelings all over me.

I loved the premise of the story. It reminded me of Princess Diaries, but unlike Princess Mia, Daisy was smacked right into the royalty scene because her sister was marrying the Prince of Scotland. I loved Daisy's snarky attitude too. Miles was okay, a little aloof here, a bit charming there.

It was a lighthearted read and Rachel Hawkins knows her fluff.

WHAT I DIDN'T LIKE:

Amidst all the fluff, it was very confusing at times. I was listening to the audiobook as I was reading it on my phone and the thing that made me really confused was that while Prince Sebastian clearly had a Scottish accent, his brother Prince Alex had a British accent. Actually, everyone in the Royal family had a Scottish accent, even their friends.

I also kind of wished the setting was just a fictional European country, although I appreciated the references, such as with Mary, Queen of Scots, and even Outlander.

FINAL VERDICT:

Although I had some issues, I still enjoyed this one. It was a little predictable, but still up my alley. I liked how it tackled with family issues and social class, though I wish there was more focus on the actual plot. I would definitely recommend it to anyone who loves books with royal themes.
Good Points
fluffy romance, fresh voice, good and humorous writing style
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account