N/A
What made me keep turning the page?

Watching Benny figure out what life is all about
The deep lessons learned that are interwoven into the story
The mysteriousness of Tom and seeing him in a new light through Benny's eyes
The lyrical and descriptive story telling
Seeing Benny mature and develop more meaningful relationships
The nonstop action
Being able to see the past (our present time) through the eyes of the characters
The zombie creepiness

Some of My Favorite Quotes:

"There are moments that define a person's whole life. Moments in which everything they are and everything they may possibly become balance on a single decision. Life and death, hope and despair, victory and failure teeter precariously on the decision made at that moment. These are moments ungoverned by happenstance, untroubled by luck. These are the moments in which a person earns the right to live, or not."
"Often it was the most unlikely people who found within themselves a spark of something greater. It was probably always there, but most people are never tested, and they go through their whole lives without ever knowing that when things are at their worst, they are at their best."
"There was a sliver of moon and a splash of stars, and the light outlined her face and glistened on the tears that ran like mercury down her cheeks."

Any complaints?

Nope

Recommendation:

YA Science Fiction Fans/Zombie Fans

Final Thoughts…
So I thought this would be a gory, but fun, zombie story. It is a fun gory zombie book, but at the same time it is so much more than that! I had no idea that I would get so emotionally involved in this story! This book makes you think about how sometimes humans act more like monsters than monsters themselves. The author addresses topics like prejudice, bravery, compassion, pride, selflessness, guilt, and so much more, all while keeping you at the edge of your seat (and looking under your bed before you go to sleep). There was lots of action with just a touch of romance, which is how I like my science fiction! This is a first in a series, and I am about to devour the next book Dust and Decay!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account