Review Detail

4.7 1
Young Adult Fiction 184
A great set of characters that made this a highly enjoyable read.
Overall rating

Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
What I Loved: I really loved the characters, especially Cora. She’s definitely a tough little thing and I love how she doesn’t take crap from anyone and how she’s like “one of the guys”. It was cool to meet the other characters, and I have to admit, I read this series out of order. I also liked the direction that the author went with their relationship. It’s not often that it’s done right and I think she played everything out nicely. Rome was a bit rough around the edges, which isn’t my favorite kind of guy, but once things picked up with him and Cora, I really fell in love with him. I especially loved their dialogue, you know I’m big on that, and their chemistry was pretty hot!

Left Me Wanting More: There was a somewhat pivotal moment after Rome and Cora get it on, but before their relationship progresses that bugged me a bit. Usually, when one character has that “epiphany” moment where they decide they want to be with the other person, it’s more dramatic and believable and I just couldn’t see it when it came to Rome. We’re more or less just told that he wants to try things with Cora instead of seeing it all play out and I was disappointed with that. It definitely would’ve been more akin to emotional relationship and would’ve given me a bit more insight to his character if I could’ve seen him go through those moments. Also, The only thing that bugged me about Cora was her idea of wanting the “perfect guy”. I understand why she’s like that, given her past, but it was a bit unrealistic.

Final Verdict: There were definitely some minor points that didn’t make this stand out as much for me as some other books I’ve read with this same plot line, but I really enjoyed this one. The characters were the best part of the book and I’m excited to check out the other books in this series.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account