Striking a balance between Good and Evil
Overall rating

Plot

Characters

Writing Style

Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
What I Liked:
The Rise of the School for Good and Evil is a prequel to the ever-popular series the School for Good and Evil. Set as a stand-alone, you do not need to read the other series, but knowing where it all started is always a bonus if you're a fan. I found the story to be engaging and solid in the foundation of the balance between Good and Evil and setting up the series to follow. Chainani, as an author, balances fun, childish humor with more profound, heavier topics so that the reader stays constantly engaged with the story.
If you read the main series, you will see the continuation of a central theme about Good VS. Evil and the choices of the twin brothers who represent Good and Evil. The snippets offered in the main series are more evolved for me now that I have a solid foundation of where the story began and where it was going.
The introduction of the readers part of the story at the end makes me eager to go and re-read the whole series again and will make it even easier to share with new readers.
Final Verdict:
The Rise of the School for Good and Evil as a prequel is a great addition to a solid series that will be enjoyed by a whole new group of readers and be rediscovered in new ways by long-time fans.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 2 2

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account