N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Reader reviewed by Brooklyn V.

Remembering the Good Times was an assigned reading in our Language Arts class. I must be completely honest, at first I really thought this book would be quite boring and dull; but like so many times before I was wrong. Although the first few chapters where kind of boring so I must encourage you to get through the first three or four chapters before putting this book back on the shelf. Also I must warn you that if your not comfortable with reading about death like some of my class mates you might want to read something else because there is quite a lot about this sore subject.
I truly hope this will not turn you off of this book because the author, Richard Peck creates such vivid characters in the readers mind. You almost fell like your right there with Buck Mendenhall and his friends and family. Buck is the main character of Remembering the Good Times. In the beginning of this book Buck has just moved to a new town and will soon be starting a new school which he is very worried about; but before he goes to school he meets a lovely girl named Kate. A few grades later and they meet a new friend, soon to be a best friend, Trav. Trav is a rich kid who seems to have it all, a loving family, a big house, handsome looks, and great grades. Even though it looks like Trav has it all theirs something wrong, but Buck and Kate just dont see all the signs until its too late to help their very best friend. Well I hope you enjoy this book, its a winner!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account