Review Detail

Beautiful and Highly Engaging
Overall rating

Writing Style

Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

Learning Value

I love the Rebel Girl books. They are always so informative, and Animal Allies is no different.

In Rebel Girls: Animal Allies - 25 Tales of Women Working, we get to learn about theses extraordinary women from well known Bindi Irwin and Jane Goodall to women I've never once heard of like Laura Kojima and Gillian Burke; plus there are occasional animal facts thrown in!

The illustrations are fantastic. They capture the essence of the woman they were drawn for perfectly. At the end of the book, Rebel Girls includes the name and location of each female artist whose illustration was used, as well as the page number you can reference their work.

I adore all the extras found in the back of the book. Fun sketch and share activities for children to draw their own animal companion, a spot to write your own story into the book, and ways you can become an Animal Ally! The ideas provided are fun and great way to get children involved in conservation.

This was a wonderful book to have added to my homeschool library! I look forward to more Rebel Girls stories!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account