Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Rebel Angels was one of the most anticipated sequels to come out this year (just behind Paolini's Eldest and, of course, Harry Potter). I'm happy to say that it doesn't disappoint at all. In fact, it may even be better than A Great and Terrible Beauty.

Gemma and her friends Ann and Felicity are back, whiling away their time at the Spence Academy. What Gemma doesn't know is that the Rakshana don't necessarily have her best interests at heart and Kartik is caught right in the middle. Will he betray her or the Rakshana?

What is definite is that Gemma must go back to the Realms. When she broke the stones to free her mother in the last book, she unleashed the magic and who knows what might happen now. An unexpected surprise awaits her there her dear friend Pippa. But is Pippa the same beautiful girl she was&or is she something else?

Poor Gemma won't know quite who to trust throughout the book and this keeps readers on their toes. Not to mention a certain Simon Middleton, a Viscount's son and a dapper romantic interest for our heroine.

I love a good period tale and Ms. Bray captures the sense of Victorian England very well, from the rosewater mouthwash to the dressing gowns. Throw in magic, scheming friends and enemies, and a bit of romance and you've got yourself an engrossing read.

I recommend this book for readers aged 12 and up. It will primarily appeal to girls, but the subtle humor should satisfy readers of any age.

And don't forget to enter to win a copy of the book in September 2005's giveaway!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account