Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
I love a good pleasant surprise in any story and Ally Condie’s “Reached” provided just that. The third book in the Matched trilogy, “Reached” took a completely different direction than I thought!

Without giving too much away (for those who don’t want to know ANYTHING about the final installment, you should probably stop reading now), the overriding plotline was one I did not see coming. I was certain that this was going to turn out to be a “Mockingjay” part two: a rebellious faction of citizens in a brutal war with an even brutal-er government! But that soooooo was not the case. The easy part was getting rid of the totalitarian government. It was what came next that was hard!

I know this is ever so vague, but I really don’t want to spoil the book for people, even though it’s discovered what this whole surprise gist of the story is pretty quickly. Over 400 pages are devoted to the plotline I didn’t see coming. The best part is, we finally solve the mystery as to what all these pills are about Cassia and the rest of the Society members lug around everywhere with themselves, and my mind has been firmly made up as to which of Cassia’s potential loves I like the most. I’m so Team Xander.
Good Points
A plotline I didn't see coming!
The mystery behind the pills is solved.
You'll hopefully walk away with a firm stance on either Team Ky or Team Xander.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account