Review Detail

5.0 1
Young Adult Fiction 330
I loved the horses and Savannah was awesome!
Overall rating

Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
This was the first book from Miranda that I’ve read and I thought it was pretty good. I liked the attention to detail she conveyed in regards to the subject matter, in this case, horses, horse-racing, and that whole world. I know nothing about it and it was interesting to learn the lingo, how passionate some people are for it, and just how much work goes into raising horses for sport. The characters were decent, too. I really liked Savannah. She’s a strong-willed, determined girl who isn’t afraid to go after what she wants in life. The romance was okay, it’s didn’t wow me or anything, and I didn’t really care too much for Jack, but it wasn’t bad. Maybe I’m just used to adult romance and all that entails, and I’m not talking about the sexy stuff. I think I just like the more serious nature of adult romance, but I do appreciate the realness of young romance and I think Miranda did a good job with keeping things light and fresh, but also meaningful.
Easily the best part of the book as a whole, was Savannah. She’s basically living in a “man’s world” and I loved that she didn’t let it deter her from her dreams of handling horses and possibly being a jockey, too. Her family has a lot of money troubles, and she hasn’t always had the best of luck, but she never gave up and I liked that she wanted things for herself and her family that others would’ve said weren’t possible. Even when things got complicated with Jack, she held her own and I respected her as a female character. I loved that even though there were moments where she slipped and gave into their attraction, she didn’t settle for anything less than what she deserved. Props to you, Miranda, for creating a strong, independent young lady.
Racing Savannah was a great YA contemporary read and it definitely made me want to check out the other books in this series. I have them, but haven’t gotten around to reading them just yet. After getting just a glimpse of the other characters in this series, I’m curious to learn more about them because I already liked them from what little I saw. As far as YA contemps go, this one was pretty good and I’m sure if you’re already a fan of Kenneally’s, then you’ll enjoy this one as well. The characters were definitely memorable and I loved reading about those horses!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account