Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
I have to be honest. I'm late to the Miranda Kenneally world. This was my first book to read of hers, and my goodness, why did I wait so long? First of all, the writing style is outstanding. I literally felt like I was in Hundred Oaks world. The writing style flows beautifully and it's so realistic. I can actually believe that these characters exist. They act like teenagers, they say things teenagers would say, do things teenagers might do. I love that, and honestly that's sometimes very rare. I read a lot of books where teenagers seem a bit too mature, quite honestly. And that's not to say that the characters in this book aren't mature, because they are! What I mean is that sometimes it's hard to believe characters are the age they are meant to be, you know?

The characters are fantastic! Savannah is sassy, hard working, brave and fights for what she wants. What an honest, amazing character to read. I wish I would've had her attitude in high school. I also loved how passionate she was about horses and what she wants out of life. Rory is so brutally honest, and I love that about his character. I found him to be hilarious and would seriously want him as my best friend. Jack. Oh Jack. While at first I wasn't sure if he was a decent guy or not, I was swooning over the relationship between Savannah and Jack. I did get pretty ticked at him about 3/4 of the way through the book, but I think it was handled appropriately. Honestly, I'm extremely terrified of horses, but I would totally start loving them to meet Jack.

This book is honest, real, touching and swoonworthy. I'm so excited to be in on the Miranda Kenneally fan wagon now and read more of her books!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account