Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
I am pretty new to graphic novels so when I won a copy of 'Pumpkin Heads' on GoodReads I was super excited. 'Pumpkinheads' is written by Rainbow Rowell and illustrated by Faith Erin Hicks. It tells the story of two friends who work at their local fall festival each year ( the story takes place during one shift). Since I love Rainbow Rowell, I love fall festivals, and I adore Autumn I was super excited about Pumpkinheads.

The illustrations were amazing. I particularly loved the map of the fall theme park. The colors were all in Autumn tones so they really set the scene well ( I could almost smell the pumpkin).

One of my favorite parts was learning about all the cool snacks that Deja ate around the park. I can't wait to get my hands on a Frito Pie.

I also really loved the characters. Deja seemed like one of those people everyone wants to be around. Josiah was a bit frustrating at times but still lovable. I loved that they were both drawn with imperfections instead of being perfect.

The storyline was very cute and simple while still being funny. With that said, a few times I was a little lost as to what was going on. There were story panels with no dialog that I couldn't quite understand.

'Pumpkin Heads' is a really great read. It brought back memories of the fun days I spent working in the Walt Disney World theme parks and the great friends I made. I recommend 'Pumpkinheads' for a light fun read.
Good Points
Great colors
Fun Storyline
Great for fall
Pumpkinheads
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account