Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
I was given an e-arc in exchange for an honest review.

This is the first book that I have read by Cecily White and I am sure that it won't be my last. When I started reading Prophecy Girl the first thought that came to mind was the TV shows Charmed and Supernatural. I was a huge fan of both these shows and I was immediately sucked into this book and the world that the author has created.

This book is action packed from the get go. It gave me whiplash with all the twists and turns, but in a good way of course. Get ready for a wild ride because you won't know what to expect. Once you think you have it figured out everything changes.

I really loved the main character Amelie. She was full of snark and tougher than nails. She also is able to show a slightly vulnerable side at times. Amelie is supposedly this huge threat that everyone is terrified of and as the prophecy also tells she will have to kill the man that she thinks she loves. Awesome twist that left my heart beating out of my chest page after page wondering what was going to happen.

The world that Cecily has created is nothing short of amazing. She is so descriptive of this world and the things that take place that you can't help but imagine yourself right in the middle of it all. The way that the interactions between Amelie and her trainer Jack are described left my heart sighing. Such simple interactions that make you feel like sparks are flying, which they literally are! Most people know that I love a good love story and this one did not disappoint.

Prophecy girl is one of the best books that I have read thus far in 2013. I will absolutely be recommending it to others. If you are ready to escape into a world of angel's and demon's, and are ready for a wild twisting ride, then you should pick this one up today. You will not be disappointed.

Review originally posted on my blog: http://www.ramblingsofabooknerd.com/2013/03/review-prophecy-girl-by-cecily-white.html
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account