Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
I can't believe this book is not getting more attention on here!

As with the first book in the series, this is a refreshing twist on the supernatural that will constantly leave the reader anticipating the heroine Sadie's next move. Uniquely, the series combines history, mythology, and legends to create an explanation for vampires, witches, shape-shifters, etc. The plot has multiple layers as well, and on top of the action and conflict, it also offers the reader a love story, including the love triangle, and a main character's struggle of figuring out her place in the world.

Hopefully, if you are considering reading this, you have already read The Survivors, which is book one in the series, as I did. I opened the book knowing that war was imminent. However, Havard threw me through a loop, because the war is not in full swing during the novel, but instead follows Sadie as she is preparing for the war. At this point, Sadie has made the mistake of encouraging her siblings to leave their sheltered lifestyle, which puts the entire human race in danger. Sadie must figure out how to stop them, which in turn means that she must figure out how to kill a Survivor. Her journey takes so many twists and turns that it is impossible to guess what is happening next.

The other negative aspect that I can identify about the novel is that things are progressing very slow. I read on Havard's facebook page that there will be five books in the series. However, I cannot imagine how she can drag the storyline out that far. I guess readers will have to just wait to see!

I strongly encourage any mythology lovers, supernatural lovers, and history buffs give this one a chance. I doubt that you will regret it!

Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account