Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Playing With Fire by Bruce Hale was a fabulous start to a series. It was very different from what I was anticipating, but still turned out to be a really great read! It was my first read from Bruce Hale, and I'm very eager to check out more from him.

Bruce Hale keeps the plot moving at a lightening fast pace - I read the book in under 2 hours! I just couldn't put it down. The setting was so bizarre, and readers get to find out about it alongside the story's main character, Max.

I loved the characters - they all have such different pasts, but they are bonded together by their common past of being an orphan. Max has his own charm, as he does what he believes best. Cinnabar and Wyatt are the best sidekicks - and were easily my favorite character in the book.

I loved how innovative the characters were - they were super inventive and work together to accomplish what they need to get done. I love that there was such a focus on friendship!

In a full blown, action packed story of espionage and friendship, Playing With Fire is a book that fans of a good middle grade will not want to miss. I absolutely loved and cannot wait to see where the next book goes!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account