Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
PIPPIN NO LICKIN is a picture book which follows the cat, Pippin. Although most cats know how to clean themselves from a very young age, Pippin is too lazy to clean himself or take a bath. Even though the smell gets to his classmates, Pippin persists in not cleaning himself. After things begin to stick in his fur and the smell becomes very bad, his classmates ask him to bathe. Pippin realizes that he needs to clean himself and so takes a bath.

What I loved: This book is an interesting presentation of the importance of bathing and personal hygiene. For kids who resist taking a bath, this will be a good book to show them why bathing is important (at least on some days). The illustrations are cute with a lot of different animals making up Pippin’s classmates, plus a whole variety of funny things getting caught in Pippin’s fur.

What left me wanting more: While this is said to be about selfishness, I was not sure I got that message. However, the lessons about personal hygiene are great on their own! For young toddlers, this book may be a little wordy, but this would be great for preschoolers.

Final verdict: Pippin is a fun way to teach about why bathing matters in a cute and funny way. The illustrations are very cute and colorful, appealing to a preschool audience.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account