Review Detail

cute early comic book
Overall rating

Plot

Characters

Writing Style

Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
PETE THE CAT AND THE SPRINKLE STEALER is an entertaining early comic book with a light mystery. Pete the Cat is pretending to be Secret Agent Meow, and he has a new case - Agent Claw, evil cat robot, has stolen the secret recipe for rainbow sprinkle cookies! As Secret Agent Meow heads out on the search, he follows the path left behind, he comes across all his friends who have had their special ingredients and recipes stolen. He finally catches up with Agent Claw, but he has set the self-destruct. Luckily, Secret Agent Meow knows what to do and saves the day and the recipes!

What I loved: This is a cute early reader in comic book form. The style is great for early readers who will enjoy the frequent panels and images that tell the story with sparse text. With instructions at the beginning for how to read comics, it allows children to easily travel through the story with detailed images and select text/dialogue. The large panels are great for starting out and make it easy to move through. The story is cute and entertaining with a mystery around the missing recipes and key ingredients as well as a path for them to follow to solve it.

The font is clear throughout which is helpful for early readers, and the images are colorful and full of details with all the favorite characters featured in the book.

What left me wanting more: As a small thing, I was not sure how I felt about the inclusion of the self-destruct, especially for preschool readers.

Final verdict: A fun early comic book with beloved characters, PETE THE CAT AND THE SPRINKLE STEALER is a cute mystery that will work for young elementary school children.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account