Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
First I would just like to say I LOVE that cover and that it is not just beautiful but also accurately represents Perfected! Ella actually wears dresses like that all the time so it's not like some other books with dresses on the cover were the girl only wears a fancy dress in one little part of the book. And the is an great symbol for the caged and put on display life, she has been forced into.

Perfected starts right before Ella and the 19 other pets are shown to their future owners and are being given a kind of pep talk by their trainer. By pep talk I mean the trainer basically says they don't matter except to look pretty and do what their master tells them to do. And yet the trainer wasn't made out to be evil. It was more like she just did not understand that the girls were people with original thoughts and feelings. I think she truly believed that the girls had minds that were somewhere between a robot and a dog.

My favorite part about Perfected is that there is no evil government or villain. Her owner does end up becoming the bad guy towards the end but I never felt like he didn't' have some morality. It made him seem very real and not just a one dimensional cardboard cutout villain. On the same note the government that allows the owning of pets is our current one.(This is set in the US BTW) This might be a few years in the future since they can genetically engineer people but still it's not a hundred years in the future. A bill was passed that says the pets are just that from a legal stand point. It didn't go too deeply into exactly how that happened, or if it did I can't recall, but basically it went through the right process and became law. Albeit with a least some bribing of congressmen.

I'd like to warn that the romance is a large part of the story so if your looking for adventure, you're likely going to be disappointed. Perfected is more of a contemporary romance with Sci Fi elements than an action-packed Dystopian.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account