Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
How far would you go to be perfect? What would you do to just be noticed? Is there a way to find yourself in the darkness? Four teens go through a lot in this novel. Most strive to find recognition and love, and most strive to find themselves.

I was really happy to see that this was a sequel to Impulse. It was quite interesting to see on the other side of the fence. In this book, you follow along with Cara (Conner’s twin sister) as she struggles with her identity, her future, and a crazy ex. Sean, the crazy ex, cannot understand why Cara has turned away from him. Between the steroids and his psychotic nature, he struggles to find understanding in life’s situations.

I liked Andre the most in this story. He goes through a lot. I was definitely rooting for him to follow his dreams. He seemed to be the most stable out of the crew. I was very put off by his relationship with Jenna. I just could not understand why he would put up with all the drama and bullshit.

Hopkins has a way with her books. I experience so many emotions every time I read them. The ending holds so much significance toward what Conner was running away from. It was so hard to read about how emotionless his mother was. I am a fan to the end for Hopkins. The issues this book touches base on are memorable. These are issues that are taking place daily. I will definitely be on the lookout for her sequel to Burned, Smoke!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account