N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Reader reviewed by BellaRoo

Murphy is a wild-child, Leeda is Miss Proper and Birdie is well, just Birdie.

Murphy is hanging out on the railroad tracks one evening with a boy and decides to break into a peach orchard for a drink instead of making out with some random guy. Murphy gets caught and is sentenced to work at the peach orchard for the summer.

Leeda can not live up to her mothers 'perfect' expectations and her older sisters life. Leeda goes to spend the summer with her cousin Birdie on the peach orchard for the summer.

Birdie is left with her father to tend to the peach orchard that she loves and can't stand to listen to her mother complain on the phone. Birdie is a shy chubby girl who embarrasses herself in front of a hot Mexican worker Enrico. 

These three girls find themselves swimming in the lake after dark, dancing with truckers at a bar, and finding themselves while looking for the perfect peach to pick. 

I absolutely loved reading Peaches. My best friend had read it a few years back and recommended it to me. Anderson creates a beautiful piece of work about how three girls become the best of friends and help each other through hard times. For fans of The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants, this book series is perfect for you.

Follow up with The Secrets of Peaches and Love and Peaches.

Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account