N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Reader reviewed by Amanda

I needed a little dose of some good old friendship yesterday and decided to try out a new (to me) series by Jodi Lynn Anderson. I was pretty pleased with the first book and hope the next is as enjoyable, if not more.

Peaches is the story of three girls, placed at a failing peach orchard in Georgia to work for the summer. Birdie is the slightly overweight daughter of the orchard owner, very insecure and very lonely in her Georgia peach world. Since her mother ran off, a lot of the orchard responsibility has been placed on Birdie and she takes her job very seriously. Leeda is Birdie's rich and spoiled cousin and she opts to spend the summer at the orchard instead of planning her sister's wedding. Leeda is incredibly jealous of her sister and wants nothing to do with making plans and knows she isn't exactly wanted around the house either. Murphy is the resident bad girl. She is sentenced by the town judge to work at the orchard as community service for petty crimes she continuously commits.

Though putting distance between themselves at first, the girls grow closer as the summer moves on and find they actually have quite a bit in common. They work together through boyfriend problems, family dramas, and the doubt that the peach orchard will survive. This was a lovely and refreshing book, which I'm looking forward to reading the sequel too. I guarantee that after reading this book, you'll want to go shopping for fresh peaches!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account