Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
The world ended eleven years ago when humans battled a deadly virus and engineered beings called Partials. Now there is little left of the human race and every child that is born dies. With tensions and an appending attack between two human groups the cure is needed more than ever. Kira must venture into Partial territories in hopes of finding some answers but what she finds will both threaten and save her world.

I picked Partials up a year ago, there was an autographed copy waiting for someone to take it home and so I did. The synopsis pulled me in and I have to say the cover is appealing. However, books by male authors usually don’t satisfy me, so I never read it. I did end up buying the second book Fragments and now with the third coming out I figured it’s a good time to start reading. Right from the first page I was drawn in:

“Newborn #485GA18M died on June 30, 2067.....The average lifespan of a human child, in the time since the Break, was fifty-six hours.”

“They didn’t even name them anymore.”

Partials had me on the edge of my seat for the whole book, I couldn’t put it down. When I thought the story would slow down everything escaladed and didn’t stop. Dan created a complex world full of politics, gun fights, fight scenes, intrigue, and great characters. I loved his characters; they were developed well and were very realistic. Everyone had their own agendas and opinions of what was right and wrong. Kira is in the middle when it comes to what she believes. She doesn’t follow anyone blindly but carves out her own path. She just knows she has to cure RM and that’s what she sets out to do. Kira never whined or complained, she persevered and that’s what I loved about her.

Partials is a great quick read everyone can enjoy. I can’t wait to discover the truth about Kira and the Trust. On to Fragments I go. :)
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account