Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
I have to say I love this series and the world that Lauren Oliver has created. When I read Delirium I was so intrigued with a world where love was considered a sickness that needed to be cured. By the end of Delirium I was hooked and needed more of these characters and this world. However Pandemonium didn't quiet seem to meet my expectations and I am not really sure why. The only thing I can put my finger on is the lack of Alex.

I loved the new characters and getting to see a glimpse into how the invalids live in the Wilds. I loved the fact that the chapters switched between then and now. A flashback to Lena's time in the Wilds and then the current story that is unfolding with her helping the resistance.

I really didn't have a problem with Julian in general, but every time I read Julian and Lena's interactions my heart died a little. I guess he just simply isn't Alex. In Delirium when I read Alex and Lena's interactions my heart would flutter and race. I felt the chemistry, it felt real. For some reason with Julian I felt nothing. I am all for love triangles they make books interesting, this however just kind of upset me.

Now I am not really one to scream aloud when reading, but the last page of this book definitely made me do just that. The last bit was what saved the whole book for me. Hopefully I don't want to kill Lena when I get my hands on Requiem. I have faith that she will make the right choice.

Review originally posted on my blog: http://www.ramblingsofabooknerd.com/2013/04/review-pandemonium-by-lauren-oliver.html
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account