Young Adult Fiction 762
Over My Dead Body Review
Overall rating

Plot

Characters

Writing Style

Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

Okay. Wow.

First, I did not know this was a graphic novel, my fault. But I'm so glad it was. Kami Garcia called this "Magical, mysterious, and addictive" and honestly, I don't know if I could find better words. From the first page, I was drawn into this story of what happened to Noreen. This school of witchery has seen disappearances in the woods but Abby will stop at nothing to find Noreen. Each clue leads closer but the head teacher doesn't want her investigating. I finished this in one sitting and had to set it aside once - and when I did, I was beyond eager to pick it back up. The flow was so good and the story unique. To find out what actually happened was definitely an adventure. I really enjoyed the characters and Abby was so easy to follow. She was determined in her commitment to Noreen and not giving up.

The art style was beyond gorgeous. Every detail I took in and just loved the aesthetic. I found the art beautifully illustrated and really brought the story alive. I'm glad this was done in this media and I was able to experience it.

If you like witches, secrets, familiars, and just a good mystery, then I would highly recommend this book. The art style is gorgeous as well which just makes it better. I really hope there will be more in this series as Abby has definitely left her impression on me.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account