Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
I consumed Obsidian in the matter of a few hours when I read it. It was an amazing story and I hoped Onyx would be much of the same. Jennifer L. Armentrout did not disappoint. Onyx carrying on where Obsidian left off. Katy is still fighting her feelings for Daemon, but Daemon has flipped the switch and instead of keeping Katy at a distance he is pursuing her... hard. Daemon finds their connection to be proof that they should give a relationship a shot, while Katy believes that the connection has fogged Daemon's mind into believing he likes her when he doesn't.

Katy is sometimes a very frustrating character to read. She is constantly fighting the feelings she has for Daemon and constantly trying to play the hero despite her being a puny human among a bunch of superhero-esk aliens. She throws herself into situations that could end terribly for her in hopes of saving those she cares about, but it always backfires on her. She is left being forced to once again play the damsel in distress and wait to be rescued by one of her Luxen white knights.

Of course, Katy is not all bad. She does have her appealing parts such as her being a book reviewer. That connects me to her character exponentially. It is possibly why I am so addicted to this series. I can actually see myself slipping into Katy's shoes easily. She is as stubborn as I am told I am (I still don't believe it). And her connection with Daemon? Where have all the hot Luxen men gone and where can I find one?

Nice segue into Daemon. In Onyx we see not just Daemon's cocky know-it-all side, but also the kind and heavily burdened side. Daemon is faced with a lot of stress. Keeping him, his Luxen family, and Katy all out of the cross-hairs of the DOD and Arum alike, is a full-time job. That coupled with his growing emotions for Katy, his determination to find his brother, and keeping an eye on a new stranger, Blake, who seems to have his eye not only on Katy but possibly on the rest of his family as well. Daemon handles all this with a couple flare-ups in temper and a few moments of shutting down and pushing people away, but better than most would.

Onyx shows it's readers a new side to the DOD and the United States government. What once was thought of as the Luxen's saving grace is now questionable. Is the DOD really helping the Luxen? Are they being selfless by allowing the Luxen to live freely among humans? Or is it all some greater conspiracy that has Katy and Daemon smack-dab in the middle of it?

As with Obsidian, I devoured Onyx in the matter of a few hours. I went on a book binge the likes of which I have only heard about. I had forsaken food, fresh air, sunlight, and any other menial diversions to continue through the pages of this book. Onyx dragged me back into the world where hot aliens lived, the government was once again called into question as friend or foe, and a love story unfolded that can only be conjured up through the literary prowess of a genius author. If you haven't read the Lux series, your library and life in general is not complete.

Review Posted on: http://www.ladybugliterature.blogspot.com
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account