Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Of Poseidon is a new novel by Anna Banks about the merfolk, but don't let dreamy Galen hear you say that. Syrena are just like mermaids. But, there are two kingdoms currently at odds with each other brought on by each of their rulers: Triton and Poseidon. In order to bring the two kingdoms together they must mate (marry) the king of Triton (Grom, Galen's brother) with the daughter with the gift of Poseidon (which there is only one left out in the world). Galen goes in search of this special girl, and stumbles upon Emma, who he then falls in love with her.

Okay, maybe that was one of the worst descriptions ever. BUT I didn't want to give anything important away. And there are a lot of important things that could have been given away in order to explain the plot better.

But let me just say something: This book was awesome! I loved it from the very beginning all the way until the last paragraph or so. Because the last paragraph just SCREAMS cliff-hanger, and it got kind of uncomfortable for a moment. You have no idea what I'm talking about now, but you will. When you read it. Because you WILL read it.

Seriously.

Read it.

I'm not kidding.

But, I must warn you of some things.

1.There is a smidge of insta-love. To be honest, I didn't really think it was that instant. Except for maybe Galen's attraction to Emma...but if you read the book, you'll realize he was following her around for business...not because he was love sick. Whatever. Some people are dumb.
2.There is a brief love triangle. WAY in the book, there is a BRIEF love triangle, but the main character literally says "I don't like so-and-so, I'm just trying to get over so-and-so, and this will be good for me." SUPER BRIEF. And she acknowledged it.
3.The book is hilarious at some points. Seriously. My mom looked at me strange a couple of times when I laughed out loud.
4.There is a cliff-hanger, but it wasn't like someone fell off a bridge and we don't know if they'll live. Just some...confession. I'm not going to say anything else or I'll ruin the ending.
5.The main character says "ohmysweetgoodness" a lot. Just like that. But, it was kind of cute/funny.

To Sum it All Up: The book starts off a promising series with a new twist on merfolk. The characters are funny, and memorable. The plot moves fast with twists all throughout the book. I really liked the relationship Emma and Galen are starting to develop.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account