Review Detail

4.2 15
Young Adult Fiction 762
So funny and highly entertaining, definitely a MUST READ!
Overall rating

Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Oh, how many ways can I tell you how much I love Of Poseidon?! Anna’s personality literally screams through this book and I was hooked after just two pages! Emma is such an awesome character, so snarky, stubborn and absolutely hilarious. I honestly laughed so many times while reading and I was basically smiling the whole time. There’s this one scene at Galen’s house involving Emma and Galen’s sister, Rayna and a certain window that I simply LOVED! I could not stop laughing and devoured every minute of it.

I love how it was detailed just ENOUGH. Seriously, I can’t stress enough how I hate when authors give too much frivolous detail. Yes, I know the flower is pretty, but no need to tell me exactly how many specks of pollen are on it. I get it! Anna gives just the right amount of detail about the Syrena, Emma’s history, and the build-up to Book 2. The flow was spot-on and I never found myself bored or skimming the sentences looking for the good parts, because all of it was good. As the story progresses, you can predict a bit about Emma’s past, but I loved coming to each aspect and having the characters slowly learn the truth.

I will say though, that there is little to no action in this book. There is a very important and crazy scene that happens in the beginning – and by the way, I love it when an author grabs your attention from the get-go like that, but that’s about it. Thankfully, the romance and humor kept things alive for me and seeing Galen and Emma’s relationship blossom was the highlight of the story. I love that it’s told from both perspectives since Galen is a Syrena and how he learns the ways of humans is so cute. He definitely has a lot of passion and smoldering sexiness that although could edge on the border of crazy stalker, in this story, was just sweet and swoon-worthy.

Let me also add that even though I said you need to read this now, I’d advise waiting until the second book comes out because there is a MAJOR cliffhanger at the end. Why?! No!!! I was seriously left wondering what’s going to happen next and I needed the second book like yesterday! I’d consider this a very light and fun read that will easily leave you wanting more. I’m dying for Book 2!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account