Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
It's nice when you read a book and discover an aspect of fantasy that you had not read before. I've read about vampires, wizards, werewolves and all those other fantasy creatures that inundate the young adult paranormal genre, but I had never read about pixies. Carrie Jones creates an entertaining world, one shaded by hues of grey. Good and evil; love and hate; truth and reality are all blurred and it makes for a quick and satisfying read.

What I liked most about Carrie's world is the fact that is seems so real, like if there were any part of fantasy that were true, this world would be it. It's like maybe, just maybe, pixies do exist in a realm of forest and trees, and maybe werewolves and other were-creatures exist alongside them, in constant battle, facing off for the future of humans. One can hope, right??

I wish that Carrie Jones would have spent more time developing the romance. I won't say who Zara falls for because you need to read for yourself, but I was craving more intimacy. I wanted to hear how his hands moved along her sides, brushed her thighs, and how his breath was heavy on her neck! I wanted to hear how Zara's world stopped when he kissed her, and I wanted more of his reaction to--you know what I'm talking about! The sexy manly growl from deep within that makes you wish you could trade places with the girl. But there was none of that. Don't get me wrong, there are some kissy scenes, but I wanted more passion. I wanted them to be the types of scenes that I dog-eared so I could go back and read them over and over again. Hopefully we get more detail in the next book!

So overall, it was an interesting and different read. The prose was a little rough at time, and I'm hoping for more eloquence in the future novels, and definitely some more romance.

I am definitely going to check out the next book to see what happens
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account