Review Detail

Middle Grade Non-Fiction 840
For the Animal Lover In Your Class or Home
Overall rating

Writing Style

Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

Learning Value

What I Loved: This book is full of gorgeous photographs of African animals from years of hard work by Beverly & Dereck Joubert working in Botswana. Throughout the book, they stop and give their personal stories from encounters they have which were very engaging in learning about how close they came to danger while filming these beautiful creatures. The love and respect they have for the animals comes through the pages. I appreciate that they give tips on how to help these endangered animals that are age-appropriate and very possible for anyone to help around the world.
This book has something for all animal lovers. There are wacky facts, adorable babies, comparisons to everyday objects, Mythbusters, prehistoric forerunners to modern animals, award-winning animals for looks and adaptions, conservation information, and of course photographs of the animals in action.
What left Me Wanting More: A few of the more unusual animals, prehistoric animals, and geographic locations did not have pronunciation help next to their names and I definitely needed it on a few of them!
Final Verdict: This book is a wonderful addition to the classroom or the animal lover in your life. The facts and photographs were very engaging. I have seen my son come and take the book off the shelf multiple times to revisit these facts and photos.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account

Latest Additions