Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
I dove into this immediately after finishing My Soul to Take, but reading the blurb made me go “what?!” It sounds kind of cheesy, but Rachel Vincent somehow made it exciting and interesting. It was still a bit silly at times, like mega media corporations selling souls of the teens they recruit, but it also gave us more insight into the Netherworld. I was also excited to get more Tod, even though half the time he seemed like a lame sidekick. He still had some great, mischievous moments though!

After failing to save the souls of the girls in the first book, Kaylee is determined to help pop-star Addison Page get hers back after trading it for fame and fortune. Kaylee is a bit too compassionate and determined for her own good, since this venture puts her, Nash and Tod in danger. However, it also gives her (and us) more information about her heritage and the Netherworld. It was nice to see Kaylee develop her abilities and become more confident in what she can do.

Kaylee’s relationship with Nash is getting steamy! Seriously, hormones are raging between these two whenever they’re left alone together. I’m wondering if their intense chemistry is due to being the same, or if it truly is a speedy romance. Either way, I’m surprised those two managed to keep their clothes on! I was proud of Kaylee for knowing she wasn’t ready to go all the way yet, and for Nash for not pressuring her into it.

There’s just one thing in My Soul to Save that wasn’t clear and it nagged at me throughout the entire book. Why was Tod so determined to save Addy? I know they had dated in the past, but was she the one that got away? Is that why he was so desperate to retrieve her soul, that he’d put his and everyone else’s lives at risk? I just wish there had been more to that, so it would feel like Tod was just featured as a convenient plot device. But overall, this was another quick, fun addition to the series and I’m excited to know what Kaylee will face next.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account