Review Detail

educational board book with scientific context
Overall rating

Writing Style

Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

Learning Value

MY FIRST BRAIN QUEST FIRST WORDS: SCIENCE AROUND US is a clever way to begin to discuss the world around with young children. Each page declares the way that science is present in the world, such as through nutrition or outer space. The pages include labeled objects along with a few simple sentences about key elements as well as questions on the side. Answers would be provided by children.

What I loved: This is a great way for children to discuss and think critically about the world around them. The questions will need to be asked and answered with a caregiver, who can help come up with the answers for them. This dialogue gives a great conversation starter to explore different topics, including things like counting, finding specific objects, but also how you can tell if a pot may be hot and what types of things you can climb on at the playground.

The simple topics and questions will work best for toddlers and preschoolers. The labels for objects work well to help with early word recognition. Colorful and busy illustrations give little ones a lot to explore on each page spread.

What left me wanting more: As a small thing, it would be helpful to have some of the answers to these for readers who like to know the official responses or explore on their own.

Final verdict: MY FIRST BRAIN QUEST FIRST WORDS: SCIENCE AROUND US is a great board book for caregivers to use with young children to explore the world around them and introduce the concept of science.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account