Review Detail

fun way to explore colors!
Overall rating

Writing Style

Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

Learning Value

MY FIRST BRAIN QUEST: COLORS is a fun exploration of colors for little ones. Each page showcases a color with a cute rhyme of things in that color, a detailed image on the facing side, labels of shades of that color (such as ebony, charcoal, and soot for black) as well as three questions about the scene shown.

What I loved: This is such a fun way to dive deeper into colors for toddlers and preschoolers. The book gives them a guided way to explore and consider the different colors, their shades, and think about what they are seeing. The rhyming text to begin each page gives some fun examples of things in that color and provides something that they will enjoy listening to on each page. The decision to have 3 questions about the images on each page is clever and helps little ones to think more deeply about what they are seeing and what is happening in each scene.

The illustrations are colorful and detailed with a great diversity of characters shown throughout. The pages opposite the scenes are in the full color of choice to draw attention to which color they should be considering.

Final verdict: MY FIRST BRAIN QUEST: COLORS is a fantastic and interactive way to explore colors with toddlers and preschoolers. Recommend checking out this educational board book!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account