Review Detail

Kids Fiction 442
Cute Story About A Family Adopting A Dog
Overall rating

Plot

Characters

Writing Style

Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

When a family adopts a dog from a shelter, they name him Hen and want to give him the best life possible. The boy even uses the rest of his money to buy the dog a toy, but is upset when he chews it up. The boy wishes he could buy another toy, but doesn't have anymore money. To replace it, his grandmother puts together all of the pieces together and makes one new toy out of the destroyed parts.

MY DOG HEN is a cute story about a family taking in a homeless dog and how they want to spoil him. It also shows how animals take a lot of responsibility to keep them as pets so may put things into a new perspective for some children. The illustrations are bold and abstract without too much detail incorporated into them. I love how sweet and caring the little boy is and how he'll do anything for his new friend.

Final Verdict: I would recommend this to children who either love dogs or have a pet dog because they can relate to it. It's also a simple story to read while cuddled in bed with their pet, curled up together for bedtime.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account