Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
This one picks up just a bit after City of Bones. Jace is pinning for Clary and she for him. Simon is pinning for Clary but she only wants him as a friend. So all that now aside, the plot really heats up in this one. Valentine is so close to getting everything he wants. Jace is really put to the test by fellow Shadowhunters as the Clave doesn't trust him but neither does his father: Valentine. He's caught between them trying to do the right thing.

Clary discovers a new skill, a very kickass one, I might add. I love how Clary pushes through, even though shit goes from bad to worse. She pulls through Simon turning into a vampire and Valentine, when he tries to turn her to the dark side. I just couldn't resist the Star Wars reference. Anyway, she can be a bit whiny in her constant pinning for her brother. No one is perfect though.

I will say the little bites of Alec and Magnus stole the book for me. I just love them to pieces. They are so perfect together. I can't wait for the adult books about Magnus so we can see more of him and Alex. I know we got a little of them in the Bane Chronicles but not as much as I'd hoped. I just feel like I'm going to be waiting forever. 2017 come faster!

Cassandra's writing has greatly improved from City of Bones but she improves over every book and it's so amazing to see. It's just so cool to track a writer's work and see the improvement. What I love most about her writing is the dialogue. It's always funny, witty, and entertaining. I think that helps in making her characters feel so damn real.

I do find it completely funny that she did add a Harry Potter reference in there, since she used to write HP fanfiction. As I like to call it, her 'dark days'.... yeah look into that and you'll see what I mean.

So lastly, I don't know if anyone has noticed but I have been giving a lot less 5 star ratings lately. I have a point as to why, my partner pointed out that I gave out 5 stars to pretty much every book I read, even if I liked it less than another book I'd rated the same thing. So now to get a 5 star rating, I have to completely love the book and find next to no mistakes or plot holes or just things I didn't like.

This doesn't mean that my four star ratings mean the book is bad or that I didn't like it! No way, like this book, I love it! But it's getting a 4 star rating. Even a three star rating means I like the book. So yeah, I just want my 5 star rating to be hard won. Just thought I would let you know so no one thought I'd lost my mind ha ha.

So very long review short, this book is superb and anyone who hasn't read it yet should totally start the series! It's just fantastic!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account