Writing Style

N/A
Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
There are lots of points to love about this book: a slow burn 'friends to lovers" romance and a great friend group. Regan is a likable, albeit emotional, teenage girl whose only focus is her educational future. Boys cannot be part of the equation which is why she's chosen to cast off romance until much later in life.

Enter Lane, her best friend, who confesses his feelings for her just before leaving for college. Now that his feelings are known, Regan must decide what to do with that information.

Beyond Regan's decision of how to move forward with Lane, there's not a lot more to the plot, just a lot of internal struggle. My biggest issue with the book, however, is Regan's belief that if she kisses a boy it will inevitably lead to an unwanted pregnancy. While I understand that Regan is coming from a very sheltered, Christian background, in 2019 I would like to have seen Regan move past this ideology into a more positive understanding of her own sexuality.

Would recommend to fans of Jenny B Jones and Robin Jones Gunn.
Good Points
Cute role reversal of an older teenage guy pining after the younger teenage girl he's about to leave behind.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account