Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
The Monster on the Hill is a super cute book. I saw it on the shelf in the kids' section of the library while browsing with my son, and I just had to pick it up. The monster's face just makes me giggle. He reminds me of my grumpy, extra surely dog.

Just like any good graphic novel, there are amazing pictures in The Monster on the Hill. In fact, I'd even say there are OUTSTANDING pictures. Everything is in full color and has great detail. The depressed monster, Rayburn, has vivid facial expressions and mannerisms. The story is also fun to read. It's not what I expected. I didn't bother reading the synopsis, so I didn't have any idea of what the book was about. Imagine my surprise when I realized that the people in these towns like being terrorized by their monsters. Hilarious.

Rayburn has hit a bit of a rough patch. He's not feeling too monsterly and given up on his monster duties. He feels like a failure. That is, until a very unlikely solution-- in the form of a capable street urchin and an off-beat doctor-- come to help.

I read The Monster on the Hill in about 30 minutes. Like most graphic novels, it's a super fast read. I really enjoyed the story line and illustrations. I was rooting for Rayburn all the way!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account