Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
I have to admit, this is not my typical book choice. Usually I will run to the nearest science-fiction or dystopian novel out there. I heard a lot of buzz about this book and decided to give it a try. To be honest, my main reason to not pick up this book in the first place was the fact that I thought it was trying to replace To Kill A Mockingbird, one of my all time favorite books. I am happy to say I was pleasantly surprise.

The narrator, Caitlin has Asperger's syndrome. It is her unique and special viewpoint that drew me into the novel. Caitlin's word is turned upside down and almost shattered when her brother Devon is killed in a school shooting. She must cope with her own loss and a grieving father. Caitlin struggles with the world around her. The world is loud and messy. When Caitlin discovers the definition of "closure" in the dictionary she goes on a personal quest to find her own personal closure.

Kathryn Erskine has created a wonderful gem of a novel. I truly enjoyed the novel and its allusions to To Kill A Mockingbird. Readers of all ages will see the world Caitlin's eyes and understand the true meaning of closure.
Good Points
Fresh and new narration
Timely
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account