Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
A middle-range Middle Grade fantasy romp, written for enthusiastic gamers while remaining accessible to the Minecraft unfamiliar. The worldbuilding is simplistic, and the story itself is presented with a balance of humor and heart.

Note: This is my first Minecraft book. I've only played the game for a few hours, but I know enough from walkthroughs (and the ongoing dialogue between my kids and husband) to have a decent grasp of both relevant game mechanics and lore. And while there were some liberties taken that certain die-hard fans might take issue with, I suspect most will be able to appreciate this story for what it is.

The tale is told from the POVs of a young brother and sister set of Endermen named Mo and Fin--inhabitants of a dark dimension called The End. They have always been outsiders amongst the Endermen, due to their orphaned state. Their best and only friend Kan shares their outcast status, but because he has the unusual trait of green eyes. (As it turns out, Endermen on the whole score pretty low on empathy.) Their only other companion is their pet, Grumpo--a box-dwelling creature of limited vocabulary and infinite orneriness.

Grumpo Sidenote:
Gumpo hates everyone and everything. But you can't really help but love him for it.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account