N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Reader reviewed by Amy Ward

Just finished reading the book Megan Meade's Guide to the McGowan Boys by Kate Brian. Megan Meade is an Army brat who is used to moving to a new place at a moment's notice. She has been settled in Texas now for a few years and has a good life going. This is when her parents drop a bomb. . . they are being transferred to Korea! Megan is not about to move again and miss her whole high school soccer career. Instead, she opts to move to Massachusetts with old family friends. The only problem? They have seven boys! Megan decides to write a guide to the brothers ( and boys in general) based on her experiences. Will Megan survive living in a house of men? Or will she run screaming to Korea?

The book was easy to read and very entertaining! The story, for my taste, was a little high on the drama. But it was entertaining drama. I absolutely didn't want to put the book down, but I have to work sometime ! The pace moved along rapidly and I couldn't believe that all that drama took place in two weeks time! I was able to overlook it though and really root for Megan! Throughout most of the book, she gets a raw deal! But she learns to stand up for herself, which was really satisfying! I absolutely loved Megan's guide entries at the end of each chapter. Absolutely hilarious and right on the mark! The ending kind of disappointed me. It leaves you hanging a little! I am now hoping for a sequel to tie up some of the questions raised. Overall, it's a good example of chick lit done right!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account