5.0 1
Young Adult Fiction 630
Refreshing Take of A Classic
Overall rating

Plot

Characters

Writing Style

Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

When Romeo attends a party, he doesn't anticipate his world to be turned upside down, but the beauty of Juliet is unlike any other. She's his sun and it's instant love between the two of them. The only problem is that their families hate each other and would never approve of their union, so they have to find a way to do it in secret. But there has never been a story of more woe than that of Juliet and her Romeo.

The classical tragedy of Romeo and Juliet is now in manga format and I love every bit of it. The illustrations are delightfully adorable with the manga/anime art style and I love the depiction of each character. As for the wording, the author uses modern terms which makes the plot so much easier to understand when compared to Shakespearean language. It sticks to the original plot which I liked better, even though it's a sad ending.

Final Verdict: I get so excited whenever I see a manga classic, and with Romeo and Juliet being my favorite Shakespeare play, I knew I had to read it. I wasn't disappointed. I would recommend this story to fans of manga, Shakespeare, tragedy, and tales of forbidden romance.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account