Writing Style

N/A
Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Okay. So how to put how much I loved this book into words? From the very beginning I was so invested into these characters. I loved everything about them and just wanted more and more and more. Good thing there are two more books! But focusing on this one, it starts with Kaley literally running into Jax and the sparks fly from there. This is definitely a forbidden romance book as Jax is the star of the Bennu Firebirds baseball team whom Kaley’s brother is on and her dad is the coach. Oh, Kaley’s brother? Yeah, also happens to be Jax’s best friend and won’t talk to Kaley without arguing her for some unknown reason to her. So the tension is there. I loved all of the baseball and Wicked references because those two things make me so happy! It was definitely really easy to get into this story. While the formula is exactly what you expected and it doesn’t really bring anything new to the genre, it was well written and paced. The characters were very realistic and I just rooted for them to succeed so much.

This was told in Kaley and Jax’s point of view and I’m so glad it was written this way. This wasn’t the type of story to only get one perspective from. I absolutely loved both characters and it was so easy to get behind both of them. I flew through their story and I loved it so much. I teared up in the end because it was just so good and I’ve already grown emotionally connected to them.

FINAL THOUGHTS
Overall, Making the Play by Cait Marie was amazing. I flew through this book and needed this story. The tension and secrets and revelations were just all perfectly plotted out. It was a shorter book but it worked because it had all the necessary details to make me feel connected without too much filler. Cait succeeded in making this a story that I wanted to read and know how it ended. Kaley and Jax were perfect for each other and I’m so glad that they work out! While the story follows the basic formula and nothing new is really brought to this genre, it was so much fun to read and I absolutely loved it!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account