Review Detail

Kids Fiction 500
Stunning Illustrations
Overall rating

Plot

Characters

Writing Style

Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

A brook and a tree watch as love blossoms between an indigenous woman and a black male. Both of them are on the run to escape their enslavement and start a new life. Their meeting produces a daughter named Magnolia Flower. She is a treasure among nature and goes on to fall in love with a male her father disapproves of. With hearts in her eyes, she runs away with him, uncaring about his lack of finances because there are more important things in life to Magnolia.

MAGNOLIA FLOWER is a retelling of a folktale written by Zora Neale Hurston and encompasses the beauty in both nature and love. Difficult times have a way of bringing people together and this book demonstrates that with stunning and vibrant illustrations. At first, I was a bit confused on what was going on, but once I caught on to the message, I became entranced. They lyrical theme and bright colors bring life to the story unlike many other books out there. I love how it's told from nature's point of view because it brings in a unique perspective to a powerful children's book.

Final Verdict: I would recommend this to children who love nature, stories of love and overcoming challenges, and adventure.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account