Writing Style

N/A
Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
This book stole my entire heart in the best possible way. I laughed, I cried, and I pulled so hard for Lock and West page after painstaking page. What I loved best about this book, told in dual POVs, is the authenticity of both MCs voices. Lock literally jumps off the page at you, so real and misunderstood. And West? The more I got to know him, the more in love with him I fell.

Eberhart has crafted a masterclass in plot and voice and character development in one fell swoop. The themes of this book are not light. Lock and West deal with heavy emotional, psychological, and physical issues, but what I found enormously refreshing was that the author didn't expect each character to "fix" the other. He allowed them to sort through their own issues outside the context of their relationship. I also like how, although several adults in their lives were awful, there were others who served as wonderful mentors.

In all, I highly recommend this book to fans of Adam Silvera and Shaun David Hutchinson.
Good Points
This book stole my entire heart in the best possible way.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account