Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Seeing as how this was my first “mermaid” book, I’d have to say I’m impressed and definitely want to read more books like this. I loved that it was told from a “merman’s” perspective, you know how I love those male POVs, and the fact that they’re portrayed as villains who kill humans makes it even better! I think Anne put in a good mix of mermaid stuff and human interactions so the reader won’t feel like it’s one-sided either way. I loved his interactions with his sisters – Pavati being my favorite because she plays seductive mermaid oh so well. It’s also very cute the way Calder tries to grab Lily’s attention and ultimately, how they fall for each other is very sweet and gradual.

I love Anne’s take on mermaids, it’s not at all how you think it is, especially the change from human to mermaid form; and I like that she took a different approach to it. Calder’s story is particularly special, as you’ll see, and he makes for a great and sexy male lead. Mystery, allure, action, and love – all the ingredients to a perfect story, that’s what you’ll find in Lies Beneath. Loved it and can’t wait for the next one!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account