N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Reader reviewed by sagefan5

Patti Sherlock's Letters From Wolfie tells the story about a young boy, Mark, and his dog, Wolfie. Mark's older brother, Danny, who is fighting in the Vietnam War, writes to Mark, and his parents. By the help of his brother, he decides to send Wolfie to fight in the war. When Mark starts to miss Wolfie, he calls the camp Wolfie is based at and tells them that he wants Wolfie back. "Once you send him to us, he becomes our property," they responded. Still, he tries and tries to overcome the army so he can get his dog back. Mark tries everything from protests to sending letters to the government. But, he still can't get Wolfe back.

This war-based historical fiction story is most certainly a pageturner. This 229 page book is filled with the story of love, and friendship. This story is really comparable to any war story, or any friendship story.

To me, this book was a very good read because I liked the characters and the way the story flowed. I recommend this book to anyone that is 12 years old or over. Letters From Wolfie is moste definitely one of my favorite books I've ever read!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account