Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
First I want to start off by saying this book isn't what I would normally read. I am one of those people that HATES history. I have to be honest and admit, the only reason I read this was because of the title... I mean the thought of kissing the man who wrote "A Midsummer Night's Dream" and better yet, "Romeo and Juliet"?! *SWOONNNNNNNN* So I gave it a chance.... And I'm so glad I did.
Shakespeare has been a part of Miranda's life as long as she can remember. She is the daughter of two extremely talented, world known actors and hopes to one day become one as well. Then one day after performing in the play "The Taming of the Shrew," she feels that she didn't do a good enough job so she hides from the cast. But one of the members finds her, and changes her world upside down. He tells her she is the one who must save the world's greatest play wright, by seducing him.
For the story to have such an exciting plot though, it moved slowly to me. Granted I was moved right to 16th century England from Mingle's words, but it seemed a little boring. I felt like a real girl during that time, doing nothing. I understand it was a romance novel, but a little plot twists or something would have made it a little more interesting.
I was awed by the way Mingle was able to pull me into Miranda and Stephen's world. By the way they characters talk and act shows that she definitely did her research for her story. I like when it is evident in the story that the author did their homework. It shows that they wanted every detail covered and really wanted to transport the reader to the time their story is set.
Overall, it turned out to be less than what I thought it was about, which kind of disappointed me. I guess I'll leave it there to avoid spoilers.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account