Review Detail

adorable board book travel guide
Overall rating 

Writing Style 

Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)  

Learning Value 

WELCOME TO NEW YORK is a delightful board book adventure with the Little Engine that Could, as she heads to the state. Accompanied by a monkey who is looking for his family, the explore the key attractions of the state, including the Statue of Liberty, Times Square, and Niagara Falls. Each page features illustrations of the sight along with a fun fact in a yellow bubble. The overarching story with the monkey looking for his family will help keep little one's attention along the way.

What I loved: This has some fun, basic facts about New York state and places to see. Children from New York or those interested in travel will enjoy checking out these places alongside the Little Engine. Using a storyline to keep attention, this cute board book is a travel guide that is just the right speed for young toddlers to get excited about. The illustrations are full of bright colors and fun details that make it a cute read to look at as well.

Final verdict: An adorable travel guide to the state, WELCOME TO NEW YORK is a fun board book adventure with some basic sights and cool facts for little ones to check out as they read a brief story with the Little Engine that Could. Recommend for young toddlers who love seeing new things, a simple story, and learning about New York.
Report this review Was this review helpful to you? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account
Powered by JReviews

FEATURED GIVEAWAYS

Latest Book Listings Added

Shatter City

0.0 (0)
When the world sees Frey, they think they see her...
If You Miss Me

0.0 (0)
A healing story of loss and love, this beautiful picture...
Learning about the Garden with Sleeping Beauty (Fairytale Encyclopedia)

0.0 (0)
Roses were very dangerous for Sleeping Beauty―that everybody knows. But...
Squirrel Do Bad (Trubble Town, #4)

0.0 (0)
From the author of the “Pearls Before Swine” comic strip...
Playing the Cards You'reDealt

0.0 (0)
Ten-year-old Anthony Joplin has made it to double digits! Which...
Discovering the Underground with Snow White (Fairytale Encyclopedia)

0.0 (0)
There are not only dwarves in the underground. This hidden...
Rock by Rock: The Fantastical Garden of Nek Chand

0.0 (0)
This luminous picture book tells the fascinating true story of...
Bisa's Carnaval

0.0 (0)
Discover the sights and sounds of Brazil through the eyes...
Redemptor (Raybearer, #2)

0.0 (0)
The highly anticipated sequel to Raybearer, the instant New York...
Dark and Shallow Lies

0.0 (0)
A teen girl disappears from her small town deep in...
Imposters

5.0 (1)
Frey and Rafi are inseparable . . . but very...
Better Than the Movies

5.0 (1)
Liz Buxbaum has always known that Wes Bennett was not...
African Icons: Ten People Who Shaped History

5.0 (1)
Meet the ten remarkable kings, queens, inventors, scholars, and visionaries...
Count to LOVE! (A Bright Brown Baby Board Book)

5.0 (1)
Cuddle up with your little one and get ready to...
The Mystery of the Meanest Teacher: A Johnny Constantine Graphic Novel

0.0 (0)
THE MYSTERY OF THE MEANEST TEACHER: A JOHNNY CONSTANTINE GRAPHIC...

0.0 (0)
A shocking thriller about a group of friends who go...

Latest Member Reviews

Dragons in a Bag (Dragons in a  Bag, # 1)

"Dragons in a Bag is a whimsical, moving, and magical tale. Perfectly tailored to it’s intended audience, Dragons In a..."
Wonder

" Aiming on the younger end of the Middle Grade spectrum, Wonder is the story of a disfigured 5th grader..."

"Ali-A, Clare, and their dog Eevee are attending a launch party for the game Alien Liberator 2. Ali-A gets ready..."
Comic Squad: Detention!

"Eight different author/illustrators bring to life (and panel) eight different stories told via sequential art, with the uniting theme of..."
Olive and the Backstage Ghost

"OLIVE AND THE BACKSTAGE GHOST is a middle grade horror/ghost story that is full of suspense. Olive loves to sing,..."
Puppy Pirates #3: Catnapped!

"Okay, this is incredibly adorable and so creative! I didn’t think a book about dogs could get any more..."
Wonder

"Wonder quickly become of my favorite reads, not only of this year but of all times and it’s easy to..."
The City of Ember (Book of Ember #1)

"When I first picked the book up, I thought, "oh no, did I really just buy this?" BUT... I opened..."

N/A
"great book!"
The Sixty-Eight Rooms (Sixty-Eight Rooms #1)

"The Sixty-Eight Rooms wasn't the epic adventure I usually read when it comes to middle grade, but it was still..."
Phoenix (Five Ancestors Out of Ashes #1)

"Phoenix is competing in a local cycle race when Ryan, a sort-of friend, starts to ride dirty, grabbing the back..."
Wonder

"For those of us who love a good cry, I recently read R.J. Palacio’s "Wonder," which left me being one..."

"I recently read Carl Hiaasen’s HOOT for a Children’s Literature class, and I'm glad I did. Hiaasen writes with excellent..."
Wonder

"How can I ensure that everyone reads R.J. Palacio's amazing Wonder? It brings to mind the Marian Wright Edelman quote,..."

"The characterizations are very good. Lina and Boon are interesting teens that captivate the reader. The writing seems to help..."

"In middle school, I had to read books to earn points for this accelerated program. I didn't like reading back..."

"Another great book from Dr. Seuss. It's great for children to learn basic numbers and basic colors. All my family..."

"I think this book is a great idea. The City of Ember is about people who live in absolute..."

"I love this book, the concept of them living underground and them running out of light is just an amazing..."

"When Kel is chosen by the legendary Lord Raoul to be his squire, the conservatives of the realm hardly think..."