Review Detail

Kids Nonfiction 162
great early learning book for infants
Overall rating

Writing Style

Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

Learning Value

RHYME WITH ME! is a great new installment in the Indestructibles line of books. This new book features questions, which also rhyme themselves, that ask what rhymes with words like tree and sky. The book then includes three examples of rhyming words. Each page is in full page color with lots of fun details and all the words are attached with an image of that word, perfect for learning minds.

What I loved: This is such a fun way to introduce the concept of rhyming. Although it may be over baby's head, this makes the book continue to be useful for toddlers who may begin to chime in with their own words. The selected first words have easy-to-rhyme options; for instance, tree rhymes with so many words that the three selected answers (key, bee, and knee) just scratch the surface. The illustrations are fantastic with many characters, animals, and fun details. There is great diversity in the characters shown with many families throughout that will appeal to young readers.

Another thing to love about the Indestructibles line of books is just that. They are nearly impossible to tear, highly durable, easy to wipe clean, safe to chew on, and super lightweight, so they can be easily taken on the go. This is perfect for infants and sparking an early exploration with books that are also toys. This one in particular is one that toddlers can also get into with the questions and playing with language, so it would be great for siblings to share or for a child as they grow.

Final verdict: RHYME WITH ME! is a fantastic installment in a durable and beautifully illustrated book series made for babies. Highly recommend picking this one for a book that will last through more stages and/or to share with siblings.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account