Review Detail

fun stickers related to voting
Overall rating 

Writing Style 

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)  

Learning Value 

BE A VOTER! is a delightful collection of stickers that encompass the power of voting, the democracy, and the reasons why individuals may vote. There are multiple artists that have contributed to the collection, with each having a few sheets of stickers each. These different styles compliment each other to make this a really unique collection.

What I loved: The sticker designs are so unique and encompass many topics, including recycling, activism, women's rights, healthcare, refugees, LGBT rights, and religious freedom. These would fantastic as part of a lesson about voting and democracy and would be wonderful when used to illustrate a story. The stickers themselves are of good quality, easy to remove from each page and nicely sticky. The size of each is nicely large with a mix of medium to large stickers (not many tiny filler stickers to increase overall number).

In terms of the different artists, they all produced unique and fantastic designs. Salini Perera's stickers were really interesting with so many diverse faces and people gracing the pages. Anne Passchier has some brightly colored and interesting designs that were really fun to play with. Laci Jordan included some cool flags, stars, and other patriotic symbols. Carolyn Suzuki used a lot of fun colors and unique designs with plenty of appeal. Justin Shiels included some cool ones around voting with a cool jacket sticker and more. There are intriguing biographies about each of the illustrators on the back of the stickers that give some context as to their interpretations.

What left me wanting more: The only minor thing I would have wanted was more descriptions of the inspirations for the stickers. For instance, some of them seemed related to women's suffrage, and I would have loved additional context on that. They all seemed to have a story, and I would loved to hear it!

Final verdict: BE A VOTER! is a delightful sticker collection that would be great for lessons around democracy and the reasons our votes matter. The art is absolutely fantastic and will be enjoyed by children and adults alike.
Report this review Was this review helpful to you? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account