Review Detail

Perfect for the budding artist, or as a way to get children excited about a visit to the MET
Overall rating 

Writing Style 

Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)  

Learning Value 

This beautiful little book highlights famous artwork from the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York. Categorized into themes of Play, Sports, Music, Singing & Dancing, Animals, Family and many others, it’s easy to search for specific paintings, sculptures and other mediums.
Perfect for the budding artist, or as a way to get children excited about a visit to the MET, I (Heart) Art is a highly visual experience, letting the art speak for itself. I do wish some of the art didn’t fall into the gutter margin. It would have been nice to have each full piece of art on the left or right page, and not directly in the center of the fold (only a portion of the images are affected by this). But, that would have made the book much longer and probably not as convenient.
I am a huge fan of Egyptian Art, so my favorite piece was the blue Hippopotamus (“William”) an Egyptian figure I’ve not seen before.
I recommend this book for any art fans of all ages. I (Heart) Art is packed with artwork from ancient times to present day and offers a great variety of images to study.
Report this review Was this review helpful to you? 1 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account
Powered by JReviews

FEATURED GIVEAWAYS

Latest Book Listings Added

Instant Karma

0.0 (0)
In New York Times bestselling author Marissa Meyer's young adult...
Put Yourself in My Shoes

0.0 (0)
When Cricket goes for a walk, he finds Ladybug searching...
Selma

0.0 (0)
Selma is asked: What is happiness? ...
Benjamin's Blue Feet

0.0 (0)
A young bird with a flair for discovery and invention...
Pocket Piggies: I Love You!

0.0 (0)
What’s the best thing in the world? I...
Everything Under the Sun

0.0 (0)
Sun’s Reach is in dire peril. The last...
Lizzy Albright and the Attic Window

0.0 (0)
Lizzy Albright, a red-headed, freckle-faced girl from Overland Park, Kansas,...
Send Me Their Souls (Bring Me Their Hearts, #3)

0.0 (0)
There are worse things than death. ...
The Walrus and the Caribou

0.0 (0)
When the earth was new, words had the power to...
The Elephant's Umbrella

0.0 (0)
Elephant is always ready and willing to share her prized...
Calvin Gets the Last Word

0.0 (0)
The dictionary as narrator? YES! ...
Goblin King (Permafrost, #2)

0.0 (0)
In Kara Barbieri's Goblin King, the stunning sequel in the...
Hollowpox: The Hunt for Morrigan Crow (Nevermoor, #3)

0.0 (0)
Morrigan battles a new evil as a strange, frightening illness...
The Gilded Wolves (The Gilded Wolves, #1)

0.0 (0)
*AN INSTANT NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER* From New York...
Earth-Shattering Events: Volcanoes, earthquakes, cyclones, tsunamis and other natural disasters

0.0 (0)
An atlas of the most extreme meteorological and geological disasters...
Among the Beasts and Briars

0.0 (0)
Ashley Poston, acclaimed author of Heart of Iron, returns...

Latest Member Reviews

The Mirror: Broken Wish (The Mirror, #1)

"BROKEN WISH is a beautifully composed fairytale. The book begins with the story of Mathilda and Agnes, neighbors who have..."
The Glass Queen (The Forest of Good and Evil, #2)

"THE GLASS QUEEN is an intense and fantastically written fairytale retelling of Cinderella. In the kingdom of Enchantia, fairytales are..."
Conceal, Don't Feel (Twisted Tales, #7)

"If you adored FROZEN, you need to get your hands on this Twisted Tale which reimagines the story if Anna..."
The Surface Breaks: A Reimagining of The Little Mermaid

"THE SURFACE BREAKS is a slow-building retelling of The Little Mermaid. While staying true to the classic, this story adds..."
The Evil Queen (The Forest of Good and Evil, #1)

"If you love a snarky heroine, surprise twists and turns, and a fairytale-themed plot, THE EVIL QUEEN is designed to..."
The Shadow Queen

""The Shadow Queen" is a fantastic retelling of Snow White. Lorelai is a young princess when her mother does and..."
The Wish Granter (Ravenspire #2)

""The Wish Granter" is a YA fantasy set in a fairy tale world. Ari and Thad are the illegitimate children..."

"This is the retelling of Rumpelstiltskin. The second installment was evidently better than the first. It had better character(s), writing..."
The Shadow Queen

"This is the retelling of Snow White. A story about a young girl is on a quest to reclaim her..."
Ink
Ink

"Sixteen-year-old Leora's dad is dying, but Leora and her mom, Sophie, take comfort in the fact that he'll live on..."
The Girl in the Tower

"It’s become quite clear that I will read anything Katherine Arden writes. Her debut The Bear and the Nightingale was..."
The Girl in the Tower

"This follow up to The Bear and the Nightingale is just as stunning as its predecessor. We met Vasya as..."
The Bear and the Nightingale (The Bear and the Nightingale, #1)

"The Bear and the Nightingale is a fantasy book you will never forget, it’s a fantastic mix of Russian folklore,..."

"An uncommon fairytale retelling, with an equally uncommon heroine—ideal for fans of Once Upon A Time. While tied..."

"As THE WISH GRANTER begins, the King of Sundraille’s illegitimate children, Thaddeus and Arianna, are trying to escape being murdered..."
Queen of Hearts

KimKim
"Imaginative and vivid, The Queen of Hearts is the first book in Colleen Oakes' Queen of Hearts series which is..."
Queen of Hearts

" Take a journey into Wonderland; its whimsical, a little bit crazy, a tad bit dark. But what else would..."
The Huntress of Thornbeck Forest (A Medieval Fairy Tale)

"A sweet coming-of-age historical romance--featuring a dangerously bold heroine and a hero who is bound by duty is to bring..."
The Golden Braid

"A sweet YA/NA crossover romance appealing to all ages, with strong themes of courage and fortitude in the face of..."
The Shadow Queen

"In the Kingdom of Ravenspire, Lorelei is the crown princess and a fugitive ever since Queen Irina murdered her father..."