Review Detail

Kids Nonfiction 681
engaging book of poetry and science
Overall rating

Writing Style

Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

Learning Value

SUPERLATIVE BIRDS is an interesting read. Each spread features an illustrated bird with a superlative, such as “smelliest” or “longest bill,” as well as a poem and then scientific notes. The notes include pronunciation and interesting facts about what they eat, unique aspects of the bird, and more information about why they achieve that superlative.

Perfect for elementary school children who are fans of birds, this book is a great reference combined with poetry and loads of information. Fun to flip through and explore, this is a great source of information.

What I loved: Each poem is really fun and sometimes funny, making this overall non-fiction book even more enjoyable. The illustrations are cartoonish but detailed, illustrating the birds well. With names I have not heard of before, I also appreciate the pronunciation guides in the science notes. Children (and adults) can learn a lot in this book!

Final verdict: Informative and fun, this book is great for older readers. Whether used as a reference about certain birds or just for kicks, SUPERLATIVE BIRDS is a charming and poetic journey around the bird world!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account